For all my Vegan friends who miss out on Chocolate Cake and others here you go 🙂
- You will need a 22cm springform tin.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut nectar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (to grease the baking tin)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, to serve
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, to serve
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced).
- Step 2
Prepare the springform cake tin by greasing with coconut oil and lining base and sides with baking paper.
- Step 3
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, whisking as you go, until thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool completely at room temperature and turn out onto a serving platter.
- Step 4
In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients for the frosting until smooth. Pour over cooled cake and spread evenly with a spatula. Top with orange zest and slivered almonds.