The best bacon and egg pie! Super simple too. Great for the lunchbox. Or make ahead and have in the fridge ready for an on-the-go breakfast.
To make 6 pies:
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Line the edges of 6 large muffin tins with lean bacon (small ramekin pots or small muffin tins also work well). You’ll need about 150 grams of bacon in total.
- Divide 2 ½ cups baby spinach leaves between the pies (tear larger leaves into smaller pieces). Or try frozen peas or frozen mixed vegetables instead of spinach.
- Crack an egg into each pie (on top of the spinach).
- Sprinkle with a little grated cheese and pepper.
- Place in pre-heated oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until egg is cooked.