- 200g short pasta (such as fusilli, penne)
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 corn cob
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 250ml (1 cup) reduced fat milk, plus 60ml (1/4 cup) extra
- 185g tin tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 25g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 30g (1/2 cup) fresh white sourdough breadcrumbs
- Step 1
Cook the pasta in a saucepan of lightly salted water according to packet instructions or until al dente, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Step 2
Meanwhile, cut corn kernels from cob. Set aside. Combine the cornflour and extra 60ml (1/4 cup) milk until smooth. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, cook stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and lemon rind, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels and cornflour mixture, stir to combine, then gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until all the milk has been added and the sauce thickens. Add the tuna, parsley, pasta and broccoli, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3
Preheat grill on high. Transfer mixture to 4 x 500ml (2 cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Combine the parmesan and breadcrumbs, sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta. Place ramekins under preheated grill and grill for 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.