Beat the weeknight blues with this soulful seafood soup. Fresh and canned corn give this creamy prawn soup crunch, texture and sweetness.
- 20g butter
- 3 spring onions (shallots), trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 Cream Delight potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) Campbell’s Real Stock Chicken
- 3 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 400g can creamed corn
- 60ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream
- 600g prawn meat, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 loaf Turkish bread, sliced, grilled
- Step 1
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pale section of spring onion. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until soft. Add potato and stir to coat. Add stock. Simmer for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Step 2
Add corn kernels to the saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the creamed corn and cream. Cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Add prawn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through. Season with pepper. Divide among bowls. Top with the green section of spring onion. Serve with bread.